Sunday 3 April 2011

Talkin' 'bout a Revolution...

Last night I went to my first Revolution Major League Soccer game. It was interesting, to say the least. Still not sure if I can say it was a good game. After being used to watching European football, these guys were like watching a college team. They played Portland and even though the score was tied, Portland was the better team. Ball control, passing, whining; they had it all. I got pretty frustrated a few times and I'm sure to the embarrassment of the people around me. Yes, I might have been "that guy".

AND it was SO Americanized I wanted to puke. Well, not puke really, but it sort of took away from the game at time. Maybe it was the OVER THE TOP announcer, like when they announce the starting line up; it felt like a basketball game with all the hype. BLAH.

But my favorite part of the game is always right at the beginning when the players walk out with the kids. I even get a little choked up.

No comments: